11.26.2008

Oh So Thankful

Here is a little list of (and I do mean little because there are SO many) things that I am THANKFUL for this holiday season.


1. My very healthy, very sweet, very beautiful girls

My girls are my world all wrapped up in perfectly huggable packages. I couldn't have asked for more thoughtful and loving children. They brighten my day with their pretty little smiles and make me laugh til my cheeks hurt with their innocent fun and great sense of humor. They keep me grounded yet push me to excel in every area of my life just by calling me Mom.



2. My family and all of their unconditional love

1st of all there is my Mom. She is the grounds by which all others are measured. I have so much to learn from such a successful business women and so much to live up to from such a lovely mother. She has the ability to gently lift me up and point me in the right direction when I feel that I've lost my way. Never condemning or judging just patient and full of unconditional love.



Dad, you've been there by my side. You too always pointing me down the right path. You are the best teacher of life's lessons and have a way of always making things seem so simple (not worth getting all worked up about...right?). Although I don't always choose the smoothest road you stay with me to help ease the ride along the way.



My sweet older sister, Denise. (Oh, this is where I start to tear up...seriously!) You were my guardian angel in disguise. You protected me, nurtured me, taught me and LOVED me. Looking back I see how you selflessly threw yourself in front of me always trying to save me from any harm. You are a rock. So secure and strong. I miss you more than you know and wish that I had not taken advantage of your presence for all those years, for I would give anything to have you back.

3. My love

Taylor, My life has been so blessed and happy since you've joined me in it. I had wondered for so many years if happiness like ours really existed. You have taught me how to love again, how to open my heart and accept your love in return. Knowing that I have you by my side has given me the confidence to expand my life outside of my previous boundaries. You've helped me to grow much more than you know. I'm thankful to have such an incredible man in my life who, despite an overwhelming amount of demands pulling you in every direction, always takes the time to make me feel special.


4. My friends

You know who you are. True friends are one of life's rarest gifts and because of this I feel very wealthy. I have a great support network of people who love me for who I am (quirks and all). Never having to feel alone, you listen to my stories both good and bad, giving me advice and perspective. I try to let you know how much you mean to me but I always feel like its never enough. You do so many things for me, often unexpected but always appreciated. Thank you for being you and all that you do.




As anyone can see, I'm a very lucky girl

I'm thankful for all that I have

1 comment:

Jo said...

Awww! You are too cute with your "thankfuls"! I am honored to be on the list and hope you know that I am very thankful to have you as the best BFF I could ever ask for!