7.21.2008

She's a NATURAL!

Faith tried wakeboarding for the 1st time on Saturday and she popped right up. She did really well and by the end of her 1st run, she was HOOKED! I was SO proud of her.

Olivia had her 1st ride on the tube. She wasn't scared at all (come to think of it, she isn't scared of anything). She loved it! You could tell that she thought she was one of the BIG kids.






Mallory's favorite thing to do at the lake is to drive the boat. She's not as in to the water as her sisters, so this is more her style. She did start jumping off the boat to go swimming this time, so maybe that's a start. She does make a cute captain though.

Then there's Lucy! This is our 9 month old Beagle who is now a certified "Boat Dog." I have been feeling guilty for leaving her at home alone while we go play, so she got to go this time. I must say that I was really impressed. She did great on the boat. I wish I was able to get a picture of her big 'ole ears floppin in the wind as she looked over the bow of the boat. It was so cute.



Yes, this is a picture of a BAT and let me tell you why.


At about 2:30am on Saturday morning (not that it really matters because we hadn't slept yet anyway, thanks to Faith's already sleepless night), Taylor was awoken by Faith saying, "The cat caught a really weird bug." So he gets out of bed to check out the situation. When he turned on the light, it startled the cat enough that it lost its "bug" which turned out to be a little bat that was now flying around the room appearently uninjured by the cat. Well, its not like we can exactly turn off the lights tell the kids to go back to sleep, but how do you catch a bat? With a basket of course!


After plenty of pictures and all but 2 children awake, OOOHH'ing and AAAHHH'ing at the "cute" little bat. We finally caught the bat in a basket and set him free.


Now that is definitely BLOG-worthy.

4 comments:

Lewieville said...

Why do you have a picture of a bat!! I sure does look like you guys have so much fun at the lake. I can't wait to get back to warm water!

Hayley said...

we went to lahontan on saturday. i can't believe how sore i am after not wakeboarding for 3 years. i'm sure your girls will be totally pro.

Jo said...

I cant believe you took that mutt to the lake! I bet you were wishing for her to fall out and drown! Oh wait, thats me! HaHa, just jokes I love your dog! (HaHa again!) Now that Faith can do it, I guess I really have to try, but where would I fit on the boat with the Brady Bunch and the dog?

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome Jennifer! Way to go Faith. She'll be showing you up in no time!

Are you still teaching gymnastics occasionally? To be honest, when I had Cienna in the program here I was really disappointed, except on the days you taught because you actually had the girls doing different, more challenging things. I think Cienna is wanting to start again; but I'm not so sure I want to pay for stuff I can teach her at home. I heard through the grapevine that there are new owners though.
Back in my day, the program was really good and I learned a lot!