7.01.2008

Birthday Boy



Taylor celebrated his birthday this last Saturday, and what a great day it was! We started it off by going out to Pyramid Lake for a day of wakeboarding, just the two of us. Both of us had pretty lofty goals (Taylor wanted to land and Tantrum or a Back roll, and I just wanted to clear the wake and land successfully) and at the end of the day we ended up with nothing more than some great crashes and 800mg of Motrin for the aches and pains. It was sooo much fun though!


When we made it back to town we were both starving, so we went out for some Sushi! Yum!! I was so proud of myself, those of you who know me know that I've always been kind of a sissy about seafood. Taylor had me go out on a limb and try real sushi this time. I ate and actually really liked raw salmon and raw yellow tail tuna. The real kicker was that my favorite of the evening was Eel! It was so good! I actually ordered seconds.


5 comments:

Jo said...

I am so glad that you found someone just as disgusting as you! Sushi yuck!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer -

(i'm being nosey and looking at your blog... but I'd love to have you as a blogging buddy - my profile is set to private, so I'll need your email address so I can add you).

ANYHOW, Joleen is crazy! Sushi is my all time favorite food. Salmon is my favorite and tuna is good too. I can never remember which eel is the good one - one is fresh, one is salt water... and one is really gross (so I generally just avoid it).
If you ever need a sushi buddy, i'm your gal! (as a matter of fact, Cody and I are going Thursday night to the new sushi place in Fernley to see if it's any good - I'll let you know!)

Shannon

Anonymous said...

oops; my email address is spm_75@yahoo.com

:o) S

Lewieville said...

Where in the world did you get sushi in Nevada??? I have always wanted to be brave and try it, but I haven't yet.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, first off please do with you new man....I must meet him. Second, we have to talk about the sushi thing....eeeewwwwwww. YUCKY. Kris is crazy about it....loves it and always does the raw stuff. Jen, we live in Nevada and beef is whats for dinner for gosh sake!! Must we forget our hometowns!! (Where we still live, heheh.) Third, and aforementioned, when am I going to meet your new man? Anyone who makes you smile THAT much does not need my approval, but we can pretend right??

Em :)