5.25.2009

Memphis in May

I made my annual trip to visit my sister and her family in Memphis Tennessee. She has been there for about 2yrs now and is finally adjusting to the move. I don't blame her though. Its a whole different world there.

Every May the city of Memphis puts on a month long celebration with a lot of VERY cool events. Last year we went for the International Rib Cook Off, this year is was the Beale Street Music Festival. My dad and my oldest sister, Marla came along to visit Denise for the 1st time.



I was SO excited about Beale Street Music Fest because its a huge outdoor park with 3 different stages going at the same time with great headline acts! We saw Jacks Mannequin, Katy Perry, Steve Miller Band and my fav... All American Rejects! They were SO GOOD!



Dad, Denise and I hanging out watchin the shows





It was really nice to spend some QT with my sisters.

Its very rare that we get the chance to spend any time together.

Thats the mighty Miss-is-sip in the background


Dad always has a good time if there's music involved



The best part of my trip was getting to cuddle and soak up my niece and nephew who are growing up WAY too fast! Ethan is 5 and Taralynn is 2. I miss these two terribly. They are the best kids anyone could ask for, and dang cute too!
When you're in the south it would practically be a crime if you didn't stop for some world famous BBQ!

Delicious!





As kids I used to make fun of my sister and call her "Mother Nature" because she thought she was ruler of all animals. She was always much more interested in the 4-H thing than me and she still is. She has a regular little funny farm in TN. Its not like working part time as an OR nurse, raising 2 kids, taking care of 4 acres and house with a husband who travels all the time is enough. No, she wants all the animals she can have.

She has chickens, sheep, ducks, dogs, a miniature horse and a cat. I think.


She loves it.



Her husband, Pete took advantage of having my dad there to help fix the riding lawn mower. I think it was some kind of bonding.




I had so much fun when we did the crawfish boil last time that Denise and Pete decided to do it again. The kids love to play with these little "mud bugs"


How can you not LOVE these faces





They look DISGUSTING! but taste so GOOD!
My dad was so disappointed that his daughters could be so GROSS.

Yep, we are your children.






We also took a trip to Graceland. Yes the home of Elvis. If you aren't a die hard Elvis fan, DONT GO! It was so tacky!

I just thought this was a cute pic of Pete and his baby girl



Here is the Jungle Room
so GROSS. Green shag carpet EVERYWHERE!


This was the main entrance piano room. The only decent room in the house.
Last but not least...

On the final night of our trip we had an unexpected visitor.


Somewhere between the hours of 1am and 5am my sisters house was broken into while we slept. They managed to steal my sisters TV, her wallet

and

MY PURSE!!

Thats right, every piece of identification and personal information- GONE!!

BASTARDS!!


Oh well, at least no one was hurt and yes I was able to fly home. Just a little extra security at the airport.


Until next year,

SO LONG MEMPHIS!






1 comment:

Alisha said...

that SUCKS about your purse!
otherwise it looks like you had a great trip.
that pic wit hth ecrwfish is so funny.